This webinar will enable GP supervisors to assist their registrar to better identify ADHD in their adolescent and adult patients and to deliver effective assessment, referral and long-term management. Presented by ADHD expert Dr Hugh Morgan. Use the timestamps below to navigate to particular topics. Links referred to in webinar also listed below.
– 0:32 Learning outcomes
– 1:59 Is ADHD in adults separate to ADHD in childhood?
– 2:35 ADHD definition
– 3:36 ADHD is a family affair
– 4:35 ADHD over time
– 5:38 My practice
– 12:13 Do all psychiatrists treat ADHD ?
– 13:09 Are people seeking ADHD diagnosis drug seeking?
– 13:43 Why ADHD matters
– 15:11 Prevalence of ADHD in Australia
– 16:32 Can high functioning people have ADHD ?
– 17:07 ADHD clues from clinical history
– 19:42 Case study: adult in his 50s
– 21:34 ADHD self report screening scale
– 21:54 ADHS and co-existing psychiatric diagnosis
– 22:32 Treatment of comorbidities
– 22:53 Conditions to be aware of – 23:31 Summary
– 25:58 Do patients with ADHD feel calmer with stimulant medication?
– 27:03 Can GPs prescribe stimulant medication?
– 30:23 Summary
– 31:30 Concluding remarks
– 32:05 Questions and discussion
This presentation will allow you to support your registrars to create transformative life changes in patients through treatment of undiagnosed ADHD. By the end of the webinar, you’ll have an understanding of ADHD assessment, causes and long term management.
Links referred to in webinar:
Adult ADHD self report screening scale for DSM-5 (ASRS-5)
AADPA – Australia ADHD Professionals Association
ADHD teaching plan